3/10/2004

THIS IS THE LETTER SENT TO MY MOM'S OFFICE WITH MY THOUGHTS IN (Bold)

Nilsa & Manny (my parents),
Ivette came to my office today and refused to participate in her therapy session. She also refused to accept she has problems to work on (I never said that, in fact I said the opposite) and would not speak or answer questions (I answered the questions, just not how she wanted them to be).
She's been told that she has to take responsibility for her therapy sessions and come prepared to work on her issues. Since her choice is not to do that, we cannot proceed with therapy.
I told Ivette that if she decides in the future to take responsibility for herself and her part in her problems, she is welcomed to resume her therapy(I NOT going back to her after the stuff she told me). I have cancelled all her appointments.
If you decide to intervene and insist she participate in therapy, please call me to discuss this. I am naturally very concerned about Ivette( she wouldn't have cancelled the sessions if she really thought that). She's a troubled young woman with tremendous unresolved conflict. It is against my recommendation that she is refusing to receive therapy. ( I didn't say to cancel anything, she did it on her own)
Please feel free to call me anytime to discuss this situation.
Sincerely,
Mary Ellen Connett
Read the previous entry to find out want this is about.

No comments: