10/15/2007

An update. yep an update.

So my dad went to Miami for the week and for some reason bugs are just coming from everywhere to the house. I laugh my ass off about it, especially the giant roach that just crawled into the house when Fluffy walked in a half hour ago. Seeing my mom chase a roach with a big container of poison(it's suppose to be outside use only, but we ventilated) was amusing.
I was thinking about quiting Imbis for Winn Dixie, but have decided to stay because the people are too much fun. They reduced my hours a little bit, but I needed it to concentrate on my school work done. School is school, the work is never ending. I did my first lesson plan on Friday. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, but I don't think I'll do group work for the next lesson. They tried really hard to get me to give the answers. They got into it toward the end. Its amazing what asking why will do for students. I don't want to use a reward system, but it seems like that's what they're used to, so it'll either be that or a punishment system and I don't want to do that either. Hopefully, my next lessons will be more exciting instead of this almost review lesson.
Later

1 comment:

Peter said...

Just let your students know that your good favor and a nice grade are their rewards, hahah. That's what I do.

My mentor gives out candy all the time, and after the first two weeks or so of me not givin' in to the kids' demands, they finally stopped asking.