8/30/2007

Such is the world

How do you tell a person that you had a feeling since last year that a relative probably won't make it the next 2 years?
My mom got a phone call a couple of days ago that an Uncle has cancer and it has spread. This is the same uncle that had me worried since last halloween because my grandma(who's dead and told me this during a silent supper) told me he wouldn't make it the next year, 2 with some luck. As it closed in on halloween, I got my hopes up, that maybe some message got mixed up or something, told a couple of friends, but no family(no point in worrying them). Then the phone call came, which brings the question I posed at the beginning. Should I tell them that they may want to visit him soon and not say why or tell them what grandma said? Would it be best to stay silent?

1 comment:

Peter said...

It wouldn't hurt to try to say something. You might not need to say why--no need to alarm them or have them get too worked up--but it's better to at least try, right?