8/17/2007

Frustration

What would you do if somebody came to you and asked for help and information that nobody else would give? My cousin came to me wanting to learn about pagan religions. I helped her with research and set up guidelines, making sure that she had to face the stuff most kids would find boring and see that this was not like in the movies. I spoke to her like an equal, but gave her information I thought was age appropriate. Despite all of this, my parents are acting like I'm corrupting her, like what I'm telling her is the cause of all her problems. She had a nightmare yesterday night, instead of them thinking may be dealing with stress because she's leaving on Saturday and doesn't like living in New Jersey or because as soon as she gets back she has to get ready for school, they both yell at and lecture me saying that what I'm letting her read is to blame. They even told me to take everything away. The look on her face when I told her that made me feel so bad. I wonder if they even know how bad they look by doing this.
LATER

No comments: