5/13/2007

Grrrrr...

I worked 13 hours yesterday. An hour of that time was spent setting up a catering at Jordan High School for a bunch of rich people trying to make themselves feel good because they donated less then 1% of their mass fortunes, which few of them actually made themselves, and they look down on me and the people that came with because we didn't dress in damn near ball gowns. I've never felt like a servant until I looked at the snooty looks, like the owners should've given them the food because they are rich and donated this money. I don't understand the concept of poor people having to pay for stuff, while rich people have it thrown at them or are begged to use it or wear it or whatever. The servant feeling didn't last long though. The ones who were also setting up made me laugh about the whole thing.
The rest of the time was spent at the restaurant working with girls who have never worked at the downtown location before, but they were cool to work with and helped a lot. They were sent home and I was going to go an hour later, but Elvis Wade, an Elvis impersonator, decided he wanted a midnight snack. He's a cool guy, he's not one of those that tries to be Elvis 24/7. By the time he leaves and everything is cleaned up, it's 1 in the morning. I go home and can't fall asleep until after 3 and my dad wakes me up to go out for mother's day breakfast at 8. I feel like my mom only had a lukewarm welcome to my mother's day gift because she thinks I bought it in basket form, which I've never done. I bought all the stuff for it, but made the basket in my own way. She holds homemade gifts up higher then bought gifts, especially for mom's day. Go figure.

No comments: