11/12/2006

Bad days and wonderful nights

I don't know how long I can last in this job anymore. I think I'll quit right after Christmas. They wrote up my whole Friday shift because thing weren't properly prepped, but I know I had many things prepped. I don't get why they didn't write up all the employees, but they want to set an example with my shift, so that's how it's going to be. It just seems so wrong. And to top it all off, they told me this on my mom's b-day, which I worked on. They never say when people are doing well, or thank people when they stay late, or ask the high schoolers how they're doing in class and congratulate them for working and doing well in their classes. They never have a meeting just to say that everybody is doing great. I'd understand some big place where the shifts never really see each other, but everybody knows everybody here and has worked with everybody for a few minutes. I don't know, maybe it just proves that I shouldn't run a business. Well as the title says, days are crap, but the nights tend to be beautiful.
Yesterday was the best night since tnt nights and antiprom. D.J. And I hung out at the riverwalk on the Columbus side, then decided to feed the curiosity over what was on the Alabama side by going over there. We walked all the way to the amphitheatre and onto the stage to perform an impromptu show for the unseen that happened to be there. We tried a couple of different takes before figuring out the right form and running with it for an hour. Then we went to IHOP and had pancakes, then to a park to play on the swings, then we just drove around. All totaled. I was awake yesterday for 24 hours. It was great. Must do it again sometime.
whoa-this has been the most updates in a really long time.
LATER

No comments: